Virtelligence is currently seeking a full-time SaaS Product Development Manager to become a part of our rapidly growing product development team.
The SaaS Software/ Product Development Manager collaborates with technology teams to set, prioritize and evaluate work to ensure business priorities are met, leveraging agile methodologies. This position partners with multiple teams to prioritize current and existing product work requests to prioritize the highest value product features. The Product Development Manager works with technology, business, and support teams to define efforts, write stories and requirements and ensure efforts are continually on the highest value items.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Develop deep, functional expertise in our SaaS-based HR product.
- Work with product stakeholders and User Experience Designers to design and conduct user testing of B2B SaaS HR products.
- Produce documentation, illustrating product features, for approval
- Communicate status of products and new features to partners, including upper management and executives.
- Assist and leads the process to assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work provides the highest value and is aligned with our SaaS-based product strategy.
- Manages and tracks progress towards the release of a product to ensure an on-time and successful release of the product.
- Monitors and works with internal teams to manage product work backlog, iteration planning, and elaboration of user stories.
- Collaborates with Product teams to create and maintain a product backlog based on business value and ROI.
- Partners with teams to identify and mitigate impediments impacting successful completion of release goals
- Prioritizes defect and bug resolution.
- Work with the Product Team to identify and lead any additional efforts required to support the release of new products and features.
- Leads the planning of product release plans and sets expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Works in partnership with Engineering and Quality Assurance to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- Contributes to and supports the Product Owner in defining the overall product vision and strategy
- Project manage while completing goals and deadlines using cloud-based project management tools
What We're Looking For In a Candidate
- You have about 4 years of Product Management experience under your belt, and you’ve spent most of that time working on SaaS products. In that time, you can point to one or two major improvements you made for non-technical users of the software and how you measured that success.
- You have strong opinions, weakly held, and you enjoy a good debate to get to the best possible solution.
- You have gained and held the trust of a software engineering team through complex projects and helped them work through ambiguity with confidence. Technical discussions don’t phase you.
- You’ve managed dependencies and received the agreement and trust of stakeholders to deliver a successful product.
- You have excellent writing skills and examples of how your written strategic planning, requirements, and everyday messages have moved teams to a conclusion.
- You have experience driving feature delivery and business results with geographically distributed teams and approach these interactions with empathy and interest in finding the best ways to work together.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and troubleshoot technical issues
- Experience communicating with external customers and enterprise partners
- Project manage while completing goals and deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Solid technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience with GitHub, PHP, MYSQL, Asana is a definite plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, MBA/ MS In IT or similar field