- Bachelor Degree in Health Care Administration, Clinical Information Systems, Informatics, Information Technology, or Sciences is required (or equivalent experience). RN, RRT, RPH, ARNP, PA degrees may be acceptable.
- 1+ years of healthcare industry experience preferably in a hospital or major medical center clinical setting
- 1+ years EHR experience, either as an analyst or end-user.
- Knowledge of operational healthcare hospital workflows.
- Hands-on clinical systems experience (Epic preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work with and facilitate multidisciplinary clinician groups as part of a clinical information system support, preferred.
- Experience educating staff on the use of systems, preferably in a healthcare environment, is highly desired.
- Epic Beaker certification or experience with Data Innovation preferred. Any certification(s) related to software applications, technology infrastructure and/or clinical specializations may be acceptable combined with attending a multi-week Epic training program and obtaining an associated certification within six months of hire.
- Experience in project planning and procedural analysis preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to work with SDLC concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, especially active listening and writing.
- Ability to complete tasks on-time with a focus on detail and organization.
- Working knowledge of desktop computers and office applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook).
- Interest and aptitude in healthcare information technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service principles.
Epic Clinical Analyst, Beaker
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people.
This position is an entry-level analyst position that develops Epic application solutions by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions. The analyst typically fulfills multiple roles throughout the development, implementation, management, and on-going support of comprehensive clinical information systems. Gains knowledge of the Epic EMR software, as well as medical center operations and workflow, and partners with the Epic project team's clinical analysts II, Sr analysts, and clinical leaders to translate business needs into EMR functionality.
This individual participates in the development of workflows, system configuration, change documentation, and training staff on EPIC clinical application functionality. Analyzes procedures and problems within manual/automated health care systems; reports findings and when applicable recommends options for resolutions. Formulates system scope and objectives. Confers with professional staff to ascertain specific requirements and assists in the completion of programming specifications. This requires the individual to stay current with the system and/or application as well as interfacing with appropriate departmental and external analysts. Must employ excellent communication skills in sharing information with users within department.
Works independently in completing project tasks and executing the following tasks as part of a clinical systems implementation: building system components; testing, documentation of workflows and other project information; implementation support and maintenance of Epic clinical system software; builds data sets, master files and reports; performs quality assurance and integrated testing and releases new functionality to end-users; reviews vendor software releases and updates; provides 24/7 problem management support and resolution for clinical systems. In addition this position requires the ability to interact with clients and demonstrate critical thinking and follow through when developing solutions to identified issues
Key attention to the build and workflow requirements needed to achieve and maintain federal incentive programs, for example, Meaningful Use. Dedicated attention and resources to make rapid adjustments to improve compliance to federal initiative, reporting of outcomes related to patient safety and quality.
The Clinical Systems Applications Analyst is responsible for establishing credibility at all levels including clinical providers and builds problem-solving partnerships with customers and colleagues.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Reviews and understands system options and specifications in Business and Clinical applications and utilizes the specifications as applicable to make recommendations on use.
- Develops the preparation of functional and technical software specifications that reflect an in depth understanding of the business and end- user requirements while also considering the IT standards and technical direction.
- Performs in-depth analysis of end user department workflows, data collection, reports details and other technical issues associated with Epic software as they relate to system design and build decisions. Involves complex qualitative and quantitative analysis on data and information collected as part of application requirement gathering. Understand and translate the business functionality into Epic system configuration and workflow validations.
- Analyzes design alternatives and makes appropriate design decisions. Designs, validates and confirms new or changed functionality with the Epic environment that meets customer specifications.
- Ensures the availability and efficiency of application processing, documentation and maintenance. Works with Epic and legacy system resources and the user community to ensure the applications meet the organization's needs. Advises senior analysts and/or managers of potential problems, requirements for expanded services and status of current systems on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively completes assigned Epic application deployment(s), management, and testing tasks.
- Builds, tests, and debugs Epic application(s) to ensure the system meets end user requirements. Builds complete testing plans to validate system parameters and functionality performs as specified, with minimal guidance.
- Listens to business needs expressed by clients and documents clearly system capabilities and constraints.
- Participates in identified development and production support meetings, reviews, and design sessions, as assigned
- Writes scope statements, defining size and planning parameters of complex projects or multiple groups of tasks with minimal guidance.
- Assesses risk, cost, schedule, and resource trade off when considering alternative IT solutions.
- Provides complete documentation of all tasks and projects; develops and maintains specifications according to departmental standards.
- Provide system production support including the analysis, prioritization and implementation of requested changes, analysis of new functionality, coordination of software release updates, system testing and interface enhancements.
- Develops report specifications and works closely with report writers to ensure all operational and regulatory reporting needs are met including reports necessary to comply with Meaningful Use requirements
- Assists application and technical teams in the on-going management of user requests, issues, clinical application problems, and delivery or information management systems solutions such as software enhancements or issue resolution.
- Manages customer expectations while prioritizing and implementing requested changes to the system.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures and documents change control and system problems according to departmental procedures. Develops and documents system and user procedures as necessary
- Completes project and department deliverables as directed by IT leadership. Assists in the planning and completion of projects on time and as designed. Performs work tasks according to work plans and within target times. Promptly notifies managers of problems, unexpected tasks and missed targets
- Follows the project lifecycle methodology on assigned projects and tasks.
- Performs end-user functions for assigned products to a high level of competency.
- Identifies and resolves complex issues. This includes identifying appropriate parties and potential solutions with guidance from other analysts.
- Works with all clinical, business and IT constituents in positive, supportive and collaborative team manner.
- Provides technical support to Clinical Information Systems and applications and provides analysis of system requirements and specifications.
- Consults directly with clinical and business users, and provides second-tier support to end users to ensure reliable application system availability and performance.
- Evaluates clinic user competency and training requirements. Actively pursues training and knowledge of new technologies, and completes training programs as required.
- Provides the necessary experience and knowledge to ensure all aspects of the application integrate with the other cross functional applications utilized by the organization.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the medical and/or business operations of the assigned clinical groups, while managing vendor relationships and responding to any technical questions.
- Maintains software maintenance and report requests through service center tracking systems.
- Ensures that reports, data and devices are appropriately secured.
- Provides after-hours support as required.
- Maintains awareness of the latest developments in key areas of responsibility and brings forward opportunities that might benefit the organization
- Provides "at the elbow" support to new EpicCare users during their go-live phase, including direct provider support during patient encounters.
- Provides oral and written communications to end-users and other Epic support staff in a professional manner that focuses on ensuring clear communications that address the needs of the recipient.
- Proactively communicates system changes to end-users.